Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This Chicken Wrapped in Parma Ham recipe is a bit trickier to make than some of our other recipes, and it’s a bit higher in calories, but it’s truly worth it as it tastes amazing and is very impressive if you’re entertaining guests.
- 1 large chicken breast (200g; 220 kcal)
- 4 slices parma ham
- 50g goats cheese
- 200g mixed green vegetables of your choice
- Handful mixed salad, chopped and tossed with lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
Chicken Wrapped In Parma Ham Directions
- Make an incision in the chicken breast to make a pocket inside the breast.
- Spoon in the goats cheese being careful not to split open the breast, maintaining the pocket.
- Completely wrap the chicken breast in parma ham making sure there are no gaps and none of the breast is exposed.
- Preheat the oven to 200c and place the chicken breast in the centre of a baking tray.
- Place the tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken in cooking, steam or boil the vegetables.
- Serve with side salad and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Tips & alternatives
The trick is to wrap the chicken breast in a way so there are no gaps so the goats cheese doesn’t push through whilst in the oven.
You can give yourself more of a chance to avoid that by lightly searing the chicken wrapped in parma ham just before you place it in the over. That said, if you’ve wrapped it well enough, you should have no problems 🙂
If you’re trying to control your calories, this one’s a bit high end so you may wish to serve this for two and add some extra steamed vegetables.
Finally, if you like the sound of this Chicken Wrapped In Parma Ham recipe, we have a growing archive super healthy creations which you might like to check out.