Total Time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This Chilli Cheese Omelette is a nice, spicy twist on a classic breakfast – it’s super easy to make and an ideal choice for a healthy breakfast.
What’s more, it comes in at under 400 kcal meaning it’s ideal for anyone looking to lose a few pounds. And it’s super low in carbs making it a great choice for anyone following a LCHF or ketogenic diet.
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ -1 tsp chopped fresh red chilli, or a generous pinch dried chilli flakes
- 25g half fat grated cheddar
- 50ml skimmed milk
Chilli Cheese Omelette Directions
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and stir in the milk until the mixture is consistent
- Add the grated cheese and mix thoroughly
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan then tip in the onion, coriander and chilli and stir round the pan for a second or two so they soften a little
- Add the eggs to the pan and push them into the centre as they start to cook, tilting the frying pan so the runny eggs go to the edge
- Once the underside of the omelette is cooked, scatter over the cheese and cook for about a minute until the omelette is just set and the cheese has melted.
- Carefully fold the omelette using a palette knife and slide from the pan to a serving plate.
- Eat while the omelette is hot and the cheese still melted.
Tips & alternatives
If you enjoyed this Chilli Cheese Omelette, check out our other breakfast recipes as there’s a boat load to peruse. And if you’re all about low carb, check out our low carb and keto recipes for some inspiration.