Total Time: 45 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Check out this awesome, super healthy Crispy Roast Broccoli recipe. It definitely worth sharing as it’s easy to make, has only a handful of ingredients and is very low in calories per serving.
Makes 2 servings
- 500g fresh broccoli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse or kosher salt
- A few pinches of pepper flakes, to taste
- Finely grated zest of half a lemon, or more to taste
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of half a lemon, or more to taste, to finish
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Prep the broccoli by washing well and patting dry.
- Slice straight through the broccoli stem(s) as close to the crown of florets as possible.
- The crown should naturally break into several large florets, and you can cut these down into more manageable chunks.
- Drizzle the first tablespoon of oil over your baking sheet or roasting pan and brush or roll it around so it’s evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, toss prepared florets and stems with remaining olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and lemon zest until they’re evenly coated.
- Spread broccoli in an even layer in prepared pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then use a spatula to flip and move pieces around for even cooking.
- Roast another 10 to 15 minutes, checking every 5, until broccoli is toasty and as crisp as you like it.
- From the oven, taste a floret for seasoning and add more salt and pepper flakes if needed.
- Shower with fresh lemon juice and eat immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Smitten Kitchen