Total Time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Let’s be honest, with all of the white rice and the frying, Egg Fried Rice isn’t exactly the healthiest of dishes. But with a few simple changes, you can turn this typically unhealthy recipe into one which is much more palatable for the healthy foodies among us.
Take this awesome Healthy Egg Fried Rice recipe from Pinch of Yum, for example. It uses a simple combination of ingredients and switches out white rice for brown which gets a big thumbs up from us. What’s more, it only takes 10 minutes to make so it’s ideal for those busy bees out there looking for a quick, healthy fix.
Makes 5 servings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 eggs
- 780 grams brown rice (cooked, cooled, and separated)
- 164 grams frozen corn
- 80 grams frozen peas
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh chives, fresh basil, baby spinach, any other add ins you want!
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and ginger and stir fry for one minute.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and gently push them around in the pan until barely cooked, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir fry for a few minutes, adding the other tablespoon of oil and turning the heat up to get it sizzling. The eggs should sort of incorporate and stick to the rice.
- Add the frozen corn, peas, rice vinegar, and soy sauce and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in any additional add-ins and serve!
Tips & Alternatives
You can use fresh ginger paste and leftover rice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Pinch of Yum