Total Time: 20 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This awesome Grilled Broccoli Salad recipe is super easy to follow and ideal as a healthy side.
The original recipe comes courtesy of Eating Bird Food but we’ve tweaked it a bit as the original was based around raw broccoli (not for everyone); the essence is the same but we’re going to grill our broccoli instead (always awesome).
For the cashew dressing
- 100g raw cashews, soaked at least 1- 2 hours
- 75ml water
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
For everything else
- 500g broccoli (two small to medium sized crowns), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 75g raisins
How to grill the broccoli
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and blanch until it turns bright green, then remove to a large bowl of cold water to shock and to stop the cooking.
- Drain the broccoli and dry well with paper towels.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and grill the broccoli until lightly browned and fork tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli from the grill and set aside.
How to prepare the salad
- Make the cashew dressing by combining all ingredients in a high powered blender or processor until completely smooth.
- Mix together broccoli, raisins, red onion, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- Top with dressing and combine until all ingredients are covered.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Eating Bird Food