|Nutritional per serving|
A healthy BLT can be pretty hard to come by but making a few simple changes can transform this into a quality, healthy beast of a meal suitable for anyone’s lunchbox. Enjoy.
- 2 slices of medium thick wholewheat bread (176 kcal)
- 3 slices of pastrami (50 kcal)
- 1 tbsp low fat mayo
- 1 tbsp reduced fat pesto
- Handful rocket or lettuce leaves of your choice
- 1 small vine tomato, sliced
- Fresh black pepper
- Spread the light mayo on one slice of bread, the pesto on the other
- Put the remaining ingredients together in a sandwich and season with freshly ground black pepper
Tips & Alternatives
Turkey bacon is an excellent alternative to bacon if you’re not a fan of pork.