Total Time: 15 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Nothing says weekend like pancakes for breakfast, and nothing says awesome like Healthy Blueberry Pancakes!
Absolutely ideal for a weekend treat, our healthy blueberry pancakes recipe will blow your mind. The main difference between this recipe and the traditional one is that it uses wholewheat flour to reduce the simple carb content, fat free Greek yoghurt instead of cream and honey instead of syrup.
This optimises the recipe for weight loss meaning you can enjoy it whilst being confident that you are still on track to hit your weight loss targets – just make sure it’s balanced in line with the rest of your healthy meal plan and go easy, they’re still pancakes!!!
- 1 large egg
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 150g wholewheat flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g blueberries
- 200g fat free Greek yoghurt
- Non fat cooking spray
- 4 tbsp honey
Healthy Blueberry Pancakes Directions
- Add the eggs, flour, baking powder, milk and salt into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a skillet (or frying pan if you don’t have a skillet) on a medium heat.
- Spray the skillet with 1-2 sprays of cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ of the mix into the centre of the skillet and cook until you see a couple of air bubbles, then flip the pancake.
- Continue to cook until there is no more batter.
- Serve with ¼ of the blueberries, 2 tbsp of the Greek yoghurt and drizzle with 1 tbsp of additional honey per serving.
Tips and alternatives
image source: shutterstock