Total Time: 5 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
A super quick, 5 minute Healthy Blueberry Waffles recipe with whole wheat waffles, Greek yogurt, honey and raspberries
Ok, so calling waffles healthy is getting into dubious territory but everyone deserves a bit of indulgence! So, check out this amazing blueberry waffles recipe to learn how to optimise this popular, tasty breakfast to fit perfectly into your healthy meal plan.
- 2 whole grain / whole wheat frozen waffles (85 kcal each)
- 2 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt
- 100g diced raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
Blueberry Waffles Directions
- Toast the waffles
- Mix together the yoghurt, blueberries & raspberries
- Once the waffles are toasted, spoon the yoghurt and fruit mixture onto the waffles
- Top with honey and flax seed
Tips & alternatives
Try with any fruit of your choice; this also works great with strawberries and blackberries.
And if you need any more reasons to include the awesome blueberry in your diet, check out our superfood series article which covers everything you need to know.
image source: shutterstock