(per 1 serving)
Calories: 393 Fat: 26g
Protein: 26g Carbohydrates: 12g
This awesome Healthy Chicken Casserole recipe from Simply Recipes is seriously delicious and it’s unbelievably easy to prepare! Just pour a simple honey mustard marinade over a bunch of chicken, throw it in the oven and viola!
Makes 6 servings
- 60 grams Dijon mustard
- 85 grams honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 900 grams chicken thighs (or leg)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (or a generous sprinkling of dried rosemary)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and taste.
- Add more salt and mustard until you get the flavor where you want it.
- Salt the chicken lightly and lay the pieces skin-side up in a shallow casserole dish.
- Spoon the honey mustard sauce over the chicken.
- Place the rosemary sprigs in between the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the thighs read 175° on a meat thermometer, or the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
- Remove the casserole pan from the oven, use a spoon to spoon off any excess chicken fat that has rendered during the cooking.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the chicken before you serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Simply Recipes