Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
It doesn’t take much effort to transform a potentially unhealthy dish into something much easier on the waste-line.
At under 500 kcal, this awesome Healthy Lamb Kebab is no exception as it has been designed to keep the calories down whilst still providing a good balance protein, carbs and fat; ideal for anyone on a weight loss plan.
They key is to ensure that you don’t include too much Lamb as it’s pretty high in calories; the best way is to make a batch and store what you don’t need in the fridge.
We’ve also made the garlic sauce using Fat Free Greek Yoghurt which is a great alternative to mayonnaise.
- 500g quality, lean lamb cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 wooden skewers
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- 100g fat free Greek yoghurt
- Handful mixed lettuce leaves
- Handful salad vegetables (e.g. cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the marinade by combining half the garlic, half the lemon juice and mint in a bowl.
- Place the lamb and the bell peppers in the bowl and mix to ensure a consistent coating.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning under the grill.
- Combine the remaining garlic and the Greek yoghurt in a small bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place in the fridge until needed.
- Thread the lamb and bell peppers onto the skewers alternately.
- Grill under a medium heat for around 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Whilst the lamb is cooking, prepare the salad by adding the lettuce leaves and remaining vegetables to a salad bowl, tossing with the remaining lemon juice.
- Once the lamb is cooked to your liking, weigh out 150g, add to the salad and serve with the Greek yoghurt & garlic dip.
Tips & Alternatives
Seal the remaining lamb in a container and place in the fridge for a later meal or snack.