Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Made entirely from raw ingredients, these super tasty, Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are definitely worth a try as they require no baking at all and will be ready in about 30 minutes.
They’re still cookies, though, and are pretty high in calories per serving so don’t eat them all at once 🙂
Makes 12 servings/cookies
- 40g raisins + an additional 20g set aside
- 50g cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 80g shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened, depending on how sweet you want the cookies to be)
- 180g oats
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed
- pinch salt
- Start by blending 40g raisins, coconut oil and applesauce in a food processor.
- If the raisins are old and hard, chop them up a bit by hand first to help get the process going.
- Add in the coconut, oats, flax seed and salt, pulsing until the mixture forms a bowl.
- If it is still too wet, add some more coconut or oats. If it is too dry, add additional applesauce or coconut oil.
- Quantities will really vary depending on where you live and what the climate is like.
- Once the “cookie dough” has reached a consistency you like, fold in the remaining raisins and form the mixture into cookies and refrigerate until firm.
- If not eaten immediately, store the cookies covered in the fridge, otherwise they will get too soft at room temperature.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Because I Like Chocolate