Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Are you a sucker for a crazy salad? This Healthy Snap Pea Salad With Coconut Gremolata is worth trying out. The coconut gremolata adds unique twist to this Asian inspired spring salad. The peas are yummy and crunchy, the dressing is pretty tasty. It brings freshness to any meal!
Makes 4 servings
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium shallot
- 20g coconut flakes
- 15g chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- Kosher salt
- 450g halved sugar snap peas
- 150g pea shoots (tendrils)
- 5g torn mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons shallot oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil and shallot, thinly sliced into rings in a small saucepan over medium-high. Stir occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 5–8 minutes.
- Transfer shallots to paper towels; season with kosher salt.
- Pour shallot oil into a small bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, toast shredded coconuts in same saucepan over medium, stirring occasionally, until edges are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
- Add fried shallot, chopped fresh chives, finely chopped fresh mint, and lime zest and toss; season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Toss snap peas, pea shoots (tendrils), mint leaves, shallot oil, lime juice, and fish sauce in a medium bowl.
- Season with flaky sea salt and pepper.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with gremolata.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Epicurious