Total Time: 5 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Dave Asprey created the Bulletproof Coffee, a mixture of Bulletproof Coffee Beans, Brain Octane Oil and Grass Fed Ghee (check out the Official Recipe here).
It is truly delicious and is a must have to start the day if you follow a Keto Lifestyle. Not only does it enable you to cut out the sugar from your coffee, it’s packed with amazingly healthy fats to give your ketone levels a boost.
The guys have done a lot of trial and error over at Hunter & Gather and have their own take on this recipe, which they call the EVOLVE Coffee.
An EVOLVE Coffee uses high quality, speciality coffee beans usually from what is known as single origin as the base of the EVOLVE coffee. They then add Hunter & Gather 100% Coconut MCT Oil and grass fed butter.
- Coffee Beans of choice – 15g per person
- Filtered Water – 240ml per person
- Grass Fed Butter – 1 tablespoon per person
- Hunter & Gather MCT Oil – 1 tablespoon per person (up it to 2 once you are accustomed to MCT Oil)
- Brew your coffee – ideally use freshly ground beans and use a cafetiere, or your own coffee machine if you’re lucky enough to have one.
- Once your coffee has brewed add the butter and MCT oil and blend on high. You can use a hand stick blender, a simple blender or a Nutribullet for this.
Tips and alternatives
If you’re in the UAE, grass-fed butter is a bit hard to come by but you can snag yourself some Kerrigold from most big Waitrose stores. Another take on this is our very own keto coffee recipe which uses MCT Oil Powder which acts like a keto creamer and if you want an even easier life you could you get yourself a box of Adapt Your Life’s Coffee Shots.
Recipe & photo courtesy of the amazing Hunter & Gather.