Total Time: 5 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This Keto Salad is super easy to prepare, tastes amazing and is ideal for anyone following a ketogenic diet.
I got into sardines after they were brought to my attention as a keto friendly option in a podcast and since then I’ve been hooked. They are packed with vitamins and minerals and, important to a ketogenic diet, are high in fats and pretty much zero carbs.
Personally I top my keto salad with John West Sardines, packed in Olive Oil but I actually drain the oil as I don’t like the taste so much; the recipe assumes you’ll do the same for the calorie calculations.
- Big bowl of mixed green salad (I use Lettuce, Spinach, Red Onions, Cucumber, Cherry Toms and Red Peppers).
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 splash (about 1 teaspoon) balsamic vinegar
- 40g Full Fat Cheese (I use Gouda but use your favourite, as long as it’s FULL FAT 🙂
Keto Salad Directions
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the salad
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar
- Drain the sardines and add them
- Chop the cheese into squares and add
- Eat and make your friends jealous 🙂
Tips & Alternatives
If you’re looking for inspirational LCHF and keto meal ideas, check out our other keto recipes.
Image courtesy of Alex Fergus; this isn’t what my salad look like but I thought the photo was cool 🙂