Total Time: 5 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This keto toastie is one you’ve got to try – whether you are a vegetarian or not! Beautiful griddled courgettes and peppers sit in a cheesed up Lo-Dough toastie, flavoured with chipotle sauce and coriander. Believe us when we tell you, it is absolutely delicious!
What you may not believe is the incredible macros on this. 344 calories, 6g of net carbs, 25g of fat, 16g of protein and 11.4g of fibre. Trust us – it’s for real. The key to these insane macros is the combination of Lo-Dough and full fat cheese. Lo-Dough keeps the carbs and calories down while upping the fibre, while the cheese bumps up the fat and protein. It’s win-win for any healthy diet whether you’re #ketoaf, paleo or LCHF!
- 1 piece of Lo-Dough
- Half a red pepper, sliced
- Half a courgette, sliced into thin lengths
- 50g of full-fat cheese, grated
- A couple of teaspoons of smokey chipotle paste
- A small handful of coriander
- 10 sprays of olive oil
- Preheat a griddle pan. Once hot, spray your courgettes and peppers with a little oil and griddle until softened and slightly charred.
- Cut your Lo-Dough in half to create your base and lid.
- Add your chipotle to the base, followed by the vegetables and the cheese. Top with the coriander and put the lid on. Turn up the heat on your sandwich press.
- Spray the lid with fry-light oil and place this side down into your sandwich maker.
- Cook for approx. 5 minutes and serve hot! We recommend cutting the finished toastie in half again and stacking up like a club sandwich (see photo).
Tips on making Keto Toasties With Lo-Dough
When making a keto toastie with Lo-Dough, the quickest and easiest method is to use a sandwich press. Cut your Lo-Dough in half down the middle so you have a base and a lid. Spray the base with oil and place it oil-side down on the grill bars of your press. Lay up your ingredients, put the lid on and spray the top of the lid. Close the press and crank up the heat. It should be ready in around 5 minutes. We also recommend cutting the finished toastie in half once cooked. Then stack it up like a club sandwich.