Total Time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Tofu is well known as a favourite food for vegans and vegetarians as it’s an excellent source of protein, but as it’s also gluten free, super low in calories and it’s packed with micronutrients meaning it’s a great health food choice for anyone.
This Lean Mean Vegan Tofu Stir Fry is super quick to prepare, nutritious, full of flavour and very low in calories per serving. If you think tofu if super bland then give this a go as you may be surprised.
Makes 2 servings
- 50 grams chopped onion
- 30 grams chopped button mushrooms
- 250 extra-firm tofu, pressed and chopped into bite-size cubes
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 160 grams baby spinach
- 4-5 grape tomatoes, chopped
- cooking spray
- sriracha or another hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent and mushrooms have softened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add tofu to the skillet.
- Toss to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add your nutritional yeast and liquid aminos to the pan.
- Stir until everything is well coated.
- Add spinach and tomatoes.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes longer, until spinach is starting to wilt a tiny bit.
- Plate, top with sriracha and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Eating Bird Food