Total Time: 45 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Check out this awesome Lemon Salmon recipe, it’s super easy to make, packed with nutritional goodness and low in calories.
Makes 3 servings
- 200g raw, Dry Lentils (ideally soaked overnight)
- 3 Salmon Fillets (200g per fillet)
- 3 Lemons
- Dill Sprigs
- Black Pepper
- 150g Cucumber, finely diced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, minced
- 3 packed tablespoons Dill, finely chopped
- Put lentils in a pot of water and cook according to package directions. (If soaked overnight, this should take about 10 minutes; if not, it will take around 30.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon on parchment.
- Slice 2 lemons and arrange slices under and on top of salmon along with a few dill sprigs. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Bake salmon uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes depending on fillet thickness.
- Meanwhile, drain cooked lentils and combine in a large bowl with cucumber, shallot, parsley, and chopped dill. Squeeze in juice of 1/2 remaining lemon and stir until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wedge remaining 1/2 lemon. When salmon is cooked, divide lentil pilaf among 3 plates. Serve salmon on top or beside, and garnish with additional dill sprigs and lemon wedges, if desired.
Tips & Alternatives
This recipe is relatively high in calories per serving, however, it’s due to the fact that salmon fillets are quite high in calories. If you need to bring it down a bit, just go for a smaller filler, for example, 150-175g.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Greatist