Total Time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
It’s time to jazz things up with this amazing Low Carb Crab Salad Lettuce Boat Recipe from Live Lighter. This healthy seafood light meal is a good combination of fresh, sweet and spicy with a zing of lemon. It’s super low in calories per serving, low in carbs and could easily serve as a main meal, starter or side dish.
Makes 12 servings
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 420 grams can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 15 grams chives, chopped
- 250 grams cooked crab meat
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper
- chives, chopped, extra, to serve
- red chilli, finely diced, extra, to serve
- Break the lettuce into individual leaves.
- Choose 12 intact smaller inner leaves then wash, dry and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine corn, avocado, chilli, chives, crab meat, lemon juice and season with pepper; toss gently.
- Spoon crab mixture into each lettuce leaf and arrange on a platter or serving plate.
- Garnish with extra chives and chilli, if desired; serve immediately.
Tips & Alternatives
- Crab mixture is best made just before serving.
- Use witlof or radicchio leaves instead of romaine lettuce.
- Replace romaine lettuce with baked wonton wrappers or filo pastry cups.
- Substitute chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley for chives.
- Substitute 250g kernels cut from 2-3 cobs of cooked corn for canned corn.
Recipe and photo courtesy of livelighter.com.au