Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
On my quest for keto friendly dinner recipes, I recently stumbled upon this amazing Low Carb Salmon Recipe from the awesome Tasteaholics. What makes this recipe so valuable to me is that it comprises only 5 ingredients and is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, two things that I have an eye on given my recent challenges with cholesterol.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp red onion (diced)
- 100 grams cauliflower
Low Carb Salmon Recipe Directions
- First, rice your cauliflower by pulsing it in a food processor until it resembles rice. Cook it in a lightly oiled pan,
- In a food processor, blend together an avocado, the juice of 1/2 a lime and diced red onion until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a skillet with some oil and cook your salmon fillet skin side down for about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper while it’s cooking.
- Flip the salmon and continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, serve it over a bed of the cauliflower rice and a generous dollop of your avocado lime sauce.
Note: my nutritional info works out slightly differently than the original recipe as I don’t calculate net carbs (yet) and I think there is slightly less fat in the recipe. If you’re interested, net carbs run at around 6g per serving and saturated fat is very low at around 2g.
Source (image & recipe): Tasteaholics
Tips and alternatives
If you enjoyed this Low Carb Salmon Recipe and you’re looking for other ideas, check out our steamed salmon recipe from our archives. It’s super simple and provides a few tips on the best ways to steam salmon.
If it’s LCHF and keto you’re interested in, you could check out our other keto recipes and for a bumper article with 121 recipes, head over to this article from Kyran at Fitness Crest which is a great resource.