Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
On my quest for keto friendly dinner recipes, I recently stumbled upon this amazing Low Carb Salmon Recipe from the awesome Tasteaholics. What makes this recipe so valuable to me is that it comprises only 5 ingredients and is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, two things that I have an eye on given my recent challenges with cholesterol.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp red onion (diced)
- 100 grams cauliflower
- First, rice your cauliflower by pulsing it in a food processor until it resembles rice. Cook it in a lightly oiled pan,
- In a food processor, blend together an avocado, the juice of 1/2 a lime and diced red onion until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a skillet with some oil and cook your salmon fillet skin side down for about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper while it’s cooking.
- Flip the salmon and continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, serve it over a bed of the cauliflower rice and a generous dollop of your avocado lime sauce.
Note: my nutritional info works out slightly differently than the original recipe as I don’t calculate net carbs (yet) and I think there is slightly less fat in the recipe. If you’re interested, net carbs run at around 6g per serving and saturated fat is very low at around 2g.
Source (image & recipe): Tasteaholics