Total Time: 45 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Ideal as a side or a healthy snack, this super colourful, spicy Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe is one to check out.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 bell peppers, any colour
- 100g instant brown rice
- 100g chunky-style mild salsa
- 1/2 tin canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 150g canned sweetcorn
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices half fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cut peppers in half; remove seeds. Place in a shallow baking dish, cut-side down. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 15 minutes or until skins begin to bubble and peppers are just tender.
- Boil 3/4 cups water in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in salsa, beans and corn, and mix lightly. Add chilli powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Fill baked peppers with rice mixture; cover with foil. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and top with cheese slices.
- Continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.