(per 1 serving)
Calories: 326 Fat: 13g
Protein: 11g Carbohydrates: 47g
Topped with a quirky exotic mango curry relish, this super healthy, meat free Quinoa Burger is one for the healthy foodies among us. If you’re a gluten-free kinda guy or gal, switching out the breadcrumbs for cornmeal will do the job. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
For mango relish:
- 250 grams diced mango
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- pinch of salt
- 275 grams cooked quinoa
- 120 grams whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all mango relish ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine quinoa, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using 1/2 cup at a time, form mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook quinoa burgers for 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce greens and top with mango relish.
Tips & Alternatives
If you stick to a gluten-free diet, use cornmeal in place of the breadcrumbs.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Greatist