Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Topped with a quirky exotic mango curry relish, this super healthy, meat free Quinoa Burger is one for the healthy foodies among us. If you’re a gluten-free kinda guy or gal, switching out the breadcrumbs for cornmeal will do the job. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
For mango relish:
- 250 grams diced mango
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- pinch of salt
- 275 grams cooked quinoa
- 120 grams whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Quinoa Burger Directions
- In a bowl, combine all mango relish ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine quinoa, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using 1/2 cup at a time, form mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook quinoa burgers for 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce greens and top with mango relish.
Tips & alternatives
If you stick to a gluten-free diet, use cornmeal in place of the breadcrumbs, and if you like the sound of this Quinoa Burger recipe, you like to check out some of our other quinoa recipes.
Also, if you’re interested in learning more about quinoa, head over to our quinoa superfood series article which should have everything you need to know.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Greatist