Total Time: 20 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Check out these Raw Vegan Energy Bars from The Fitchen. They’re super high in calories but are packed full of natural goodness, a great alternative to your typical sugary, processed treats.
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g almonds, roughly chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 50 cashews, roughly chopped
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g ground flax seed
- 200g almond nut butter
- 60g unsweetened apple sauce [optional]
- 100g honey [or agave for vegan]
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix them together.
- Add honey and apple sauce and start mixing with a large wooden spoon. Add almond butter and continue mixing until well combined (you may have to get your hands dirty to make sure it’s well combined).
- Empty the mixture into the baking pan and press it out using your hands.
- Pop the pan into the freezer for 1 hour, then remove the slab of bars by lifting the parchment.
- Cut into 16 pieces (if you want to keep a handle on the calories).
- Store in a bag or glass container in the freezer until you run out! They stay good indefinitely as long as they are well sealed in a freezer bag.
Photo and original recipe courtesy of The Fitchen. We’ve tweaked the original recipe a bit so we could properly work out the calories but the method is the same – check out the original for more photos to support the step by step instructions.