Total Time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Impress your friends and family with this pro Roasted Carrots with Kale Pesto recipe. With only a few simple ingredients it’s super easy to prepare and makes for an impressive antipasti, salad or side dish.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 bunch skinny carrots, tops removed, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspooons salt
- 30 grams pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 large kale leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Coat carrots with oil and salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes until well charred and easily pierced by a knife.
- While carrots are roasting, make pesto by placing all ingredients except olive oil into a small mini chopper or blender.
- Grind on medium speed until coarse, then slowly pour in olive oil to emulsify into grainy pesto.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- When carrots are cooked, remove from oven and cut in half lengthwise and crosswise.
- Dress with pesto to serve.
Tips & alternatives
If you’re interested in learning about the world’s healthiest foods you may wish to check out our superfood series section. We have a growing list of articles including Garlic, Almonds, Flax Seed, Avocado, Broccoli, Cinnamon, Blueberries, Quinoa and more.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Greatist