Total Time: 1 hour
|Nutritional per serving|
Roasted Sweet Potatoes are awesome and we just have to share this recipe which we found on Food52! It was a little tricky to work out the calories as it’s difficult to judge the weight of Sweet Potatoes but as a guide we’ve assumed that they weigh about 400g each.
This one is a bit of an indulgence as the Goats Cheese is pretty high in calories and you’ll be have a large helping of Sweet Potato…. so go easy if you’re trying to lose a few pounds 🙂
- 2 large sweet potatoes (around 400g each for the kcal count)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 grams chickpeas
- 200 grams goat cheese
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 1 handful fresh coriander
Roasted Sweet Potatoes Directions
- Preheat oven to 400º F (200º C). Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Brush the top and skins with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the sweet potatoes cut side-down on a baking tray with parchment paper. Roast for 45 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven. Turn them over and use a fork to make little insertions in their soft flesh. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chickpeas and goat cheese over the four halves and place them back into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the goat cheese has melted.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, some lemon juice to taste, and add the coriander. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and alternatives
If you’re a fan of roasted sweet potatoes and enjoyed this recipe you may wish to check out some of our other healthy sweet potato recipes as we have a growing archive 🙂
Photo and recipe courtesy of Food52