Total Time: 45 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
We’re always on the look out for interesting, healthy recipes and this one from taste.com.au certainly caught our eye, especially as it includes goji berries which are just awesome!
At just over 350 kcal per serving this Salmon & Asparagus Salad will take you around 45 mins to prepare and most certainly meets our approval.
Makes 4 servings
- 135g (3/4 cup) cracked wheat
- 2 (about 200g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- Place the cracked wheat in a large heatproof bowl.
- Pour over enough boiling water to cover & set aside to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out any excess moisture, pressing with the back of a spoon; transfer to a large bowl.
- Preheat a chargrill on high.
- Spray the salmon and asparagus lightly with olive oil.
- Grill the salmon for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Grill the asparagus for 1-2 minutes each side or until just tender & transfer to a plate.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Flake the salmon into large pieces.
- Slice the asparagus into 5cm pieces.
- Add the asparagus, mint, chives, goji berries, lemon rind, lemon juice, oil and rocket to the bowl with the cracked wheat.
- Season and toss gently to combine, divide among serving plates and top with the salmon.
Photo and recipe courtesy of taste.com.au