Total Time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This breakfast is of quality, relatively low in calories and delivers a good macronutrient balance with plenty of protein and complex carbs to help kick start your day.
- 1 slice wholewheat bread
- Light cheese spread
- 1 medium sized egg, 2 egg whites
- 25ml skimmed milk
- Handful baby leaf spinach, chopped
- 50g smoked salmon, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the egg, the egg whites and the skimmed milk to a small bowl and whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- Gently heat a non-stick saucepan for 1-2 minutes, add the egg mix and stir constantly with a wooden spatula, raising the heat slightly.
- Keep stirring, ensuring that the egg doesn’t stick to the pan, until the eggs are starting to cook and are no longer runny.
- As the eggs are close to being cooked, start toasting the bread and add the spinach to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add the smoked salmon to the pan, stirring until mixed.
- Cook the eggs to your preference then add to a plate, add the toast once its ready then spread a thin layer of light cheese spread onto the toast and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.