Total Time: 20 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Ideal for an easy lunch for the office or an evening meal for the family, this spicy grilled chicken salad is super quick and super healthy.
- 1 large fresh chicken breast
- Spices: hot paprika, dried cayenne pepper, fresh black pepper, tabasco sauce
- 3 wooden skewers
- Handful mixed lettuce leaves of your choice
- ½ bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 100g fresh or pickled beetroot
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cut the chicken breast into chunky cubes, add to a bowl, sprinkle with a touch of each spice and a dash of tabasco sauce.
- Skewer the chicken and grill under a medium high heat for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until thoroughly cooked.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, prepare the salad by adding the mixed lettuce leaves to a salad bowl, adding the onions, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes and tossing until mixed.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and put to one side.
- Once the chicken is cooked, weigh out 150g chicken & add to the salad along with the beetroot.
Tips & Alternatives
Personally, I love to add steamed broccoli to this to provide an extra helping of good quality carbs but that’s down to personal preference. It’s also worth giving at go with other steamed vegetables and it works really well with roasted sweet potatoes – one of my personal favourites!
You can keep any left over chicken in the fridge in a sealed container as this meal is also perfect to prepare in advance for lunch at work or on the go. If you’re preparing this meal for the next day it would probably be best to keep everything separate to ensure you salad doesn’t spoil. To make this manageable it’s a good idea to get a few different types of plastic, sealed container especially if you’re planning on taking a salad to work every day.