Total Time: 20 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This awesome spicy salmon & pistachio salad combines a few super healthy ingredients to create a bumper of a salad suitable for any healthy lunch box. The dressing is extremely easy to make and has a pinch of chilli powder to give the salad a nice kick.
- 1 tin of salmon, drained (160 kcal)
- 2 handfuls of mixed lettuce leaves
- ½ avocado (90g; 180 kcal)
- 200g pickled or fresh beetroot
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 25g pistachio nuts, shelled & chopped
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh, no added sugar, orange juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp orange zest
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch chilli powder
- To make the dressing, combine ingredients in a blender to mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, add the dressing and toss well.
- Top with salmon, ½ can per person
Tips & Alternatives
We’ve used tinned salmon to make this super quick but it can be equally easy to pan sear or steam the salmon if you’re feeling a bit more creative. The recipe also works equally well with other fish such as tuna, sardines and mackerel.
image credits: cooksandbooksandrecipes