Total Time: 15 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
If you’re on the hunt for inspirational low carb salads then you should love this Spicy Thai beef Salad.
We love Thai food as it tastes amazing, it’s super quick to prepare and it’s one of the healthiest cuisines on the planet. Inspired by lots of time spent in South East Asia, this Spicy Thai Beef Salad recipe is no exception as it’s low carb, under 400 calories and takes less than 15 minutes to prepare.
It’s not 100% authentic Thai as we’ve left out some typical ingredients, however, any changes are minor and make the dish a tad more healthy. Firstly, many Thai dishes include sugar but we like to eliminate this from our recipes for obvious reasons – check out this article if you need a reminder why.
Secondly, we prefer Coconut Oil over Vegetable or Olive Oil which is said to be a healthier option as not all oils can withstand high temperatures without being damaged and becoming potentially harmful. That said, opinions on this in the nutrition world are divided so just use whichever oil you’re comfortable with.
- 150g extra lean beef, cut into strips (278 kcal)*
- Handful fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt
- Handful lettuce leaves of your choice (e.g. red onion, bell pepper, tomatoes)
- Handful salad vegetables of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
For the dressing
- Juice from 2 lime
- 1-2 red Thai Bird Eye Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
*we’ve included the calories so you know what we used to calculate the calories of each serving. If you use a different amount the calories per serving will vary.
- Place the rosemary leaves on a chopping board with a good pinch of black pepper and salt.
- Roll the beef on the board until it has a good coating of rosemary.
- Place a wok (or frying pan) on a medium heat and add the Coconut Oil.
- After 1 minute add the beef and seer on one side for 1-2 minutes until it browns, then turn the beef and seer for 1 further minute (it should still be red in the middle otherwise it is overcooked).
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, add all of dressing ingredients and mix well.
- To a large plate (or salad bowl) add the lettuce leaves and salad vegetables.
- Add the seared beef, the salad dressing, toss well and viola, an awesome Thai-style beef salad to enjoy!
Tips & alternatives
If you like the sound of this super duper Spicy Thai Beef Salad, head over to our recipe page where you’ll find lots of awesome, healthy, culinary delights. And if it’s all about the Asian food for you, we have you covered with a growing archive of Asian recipes – our favourite though has to be the Tom Yum Soup!! 🙂