Total Time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This spicy tuna salad is so quick and easy to make but guaranteed to please. It’s low in calories so making it great to include as part of a healthy meal plan for anyone looking to lose weight. If you have any tuna steak left over you can use this as one of your snacks the following day as it tastes great cold too.
- Spices: Paprika, Cayenne pepper, coriander
- Handful salad vegetables, chopped (e.g. onion, cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the spices on a small plate, place the tuna steak on the plate and dab spices on both sides.
- Steam the broccoli for 5-10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, place a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a high heat.
- Sear the tuna for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Whilst everything is cooking, prepare the salad by putting everything into a salad bowl, adding a splash of balsamic vinegar and tossing well.
- Add the salad to a large bowl or plate.
- Once the tuna is done, cut into strips then place on the salad.
- Drain the broccoli, add to the salad and season with freshly ground black pepper.