Total Time: 15 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This awesome Sweet Potato Tuna Salad has much more flavour, style and substance than your average tuna salad and as with all of our favourite healthy recipes it’s easy to prepare and packed with nutritional goodness.
- 150 grams unsalted tuna, packed in water, drained
- 100 grams baked sweet potato chunks, cooled (about 1/2 medium sweet potato)
- 25 grams chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 50 grams chopped celery
- 1 spring onion, green part only, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons hummus
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Sweet Potato Tuna Salad Directions
- In a small bowl, use a fork to break tuna chunks into small pieces.
- Add sweet potato chunks, tomatoes, celery, and scallion, and mix together.
- Add hummus and mustard to moisten tuna to desired preference.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Greatist
Tips and alternatives
If you have enjoyed this awesome Tuna Salad, check out our other salad recipes as there’s a few similar ones to try.