Total Time: 5 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
This awesome Tuna Mayo Sandwich is an ideal lunchbox addition for anyone with a hectic work schedule as it’s super quick to make and just about as healthy as they come.
Tuna and spinach is a great combo too! Spinach a great alternative to simple lettuce leaves as it’s an awesome superfood, said to provide a number of health benefits such as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, supporting bone health and even helping to combat cancer.
- 2 slices of medium thick wholewheat bread (88 kcal per slice used in this recipe)
- 1 can of tuna in spring water or brine
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- Light cheese spread
- Handful baby leaf spinach
- Fresh black pepper
Tuna Mayo Sandwich Directions
- To make the tuna mayo, add the tuna and low fat mayonnaise to a small bowl .
- Add a dash of vinegar and some freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together thoroughly
- Split the bap and spread some low fat cheese spread very lightly on both halves of the bap
- Spread half of the tuna mayo on one half of the bap and top with some baby leaf spinach, and voila, 5 minute Tuna Mayo Sandwich 🙂
Tips & alternatives
If using low fat cheese spread isn’t to your taste you could try English or Dijon mustard which also work very well. that said, it’s a fair bet that if you start replacing margarine with low fat cheese there’ll be no turing back 🙂
image credits: www.taste.com.au