Total Time: 50 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Healthy snacking can make or break your diet as if you do it right you can follow a sensible, safe calorie deficit without ever feeling hungry.
If you get it wrong you can easily push yourself over your calorie target, slowing down the weight loss process or even making you gain weight.
Having a few tasty, super quick, healthy snacks may be just what you need and this simple Turkey Breast & Sweet Potatoes number is one of our faves.
Packed full of vitamins, iron and with a wide range of other health benefits, sweet potatoes are a great alternative to your average white potato. In weight loss terms, sweet potatoes are classed as a complex carb which means they’ll keep you fuller for longer.
Turkey breast is a great source of protein so it balances this super healthy snack perfectly well; it’s also slightly leaner than chicken so keeps the saturated fat down a touch.
- 75g roasted turkey breast
- 75g roasted sweet potatoes
It’s best to make a batch of sweet potatoes and cook one turkey breast as they will keep in the fridge for a few days making your lunch super easy to prepare.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190-200 degrees C
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by washing and patting dry with a few paper towels
- Slice horizontally to make 1cm thick disks
- Lightly sprinkle some Paprika over a large, oven resistance dish
- Evenly spread the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with a bit more Paprika
- Add the turkey breast to another glass dish, placing both dishes in the oven
- Roast for 50 mins to 1 hour until the turkey breast is thoroughly cooked (there should be no pink) and the sweet potatoes are soft
Tips & Alternatives
Try spicing up your sweet potatoes a bit by using Chilli Powder instead of Paprika and throwing in a few fresh chillies.