Total Time: 10 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Recipes need to be simple, healthy and tasty as hell to find their way into our archives and this little blinder for Turkey Hummus Sandwiches is most certainly worthy.
We’ve tweaked the original recipe a bit to make it as healthy as possible, mainly making a recommendation for wholewheat bread and switching out standard hummus for half fat, which results in a hearty, healthy sandwich at under 450 kcal, ideal for anyone looking to watch the waistline.
Makes two sandwiches
- 4 slices Wholewheat Bread (around 160g)
- 150g cooked Turkey Breast
- Olive Oil
- 50g reduced fat Hummus
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- Heat grill to medium high. Brush both sides of bread with olive oil and grill until both sides are toasted to your liking. Remove and cool slightly.
- Spread each slice of bread with ¼ hummus. Divide turkey among sandwiches and lay on top of hummus.
- Heat honey in microwavable measuring cup until liquid, about 10 seconds. Grind a generous portion of black pepper into honey and swirl to mix. Drizzle over sandwiches and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Framed Cooks