Total Time: 20 minutes
|Nutritional per serving|
Here’s a great Vegan Green Bean Casserole recipe we recently discovered from Live Simply Natural. It’s ideal as a side dish and should be particularly interesting for vegetarians and vegans due to it’s relatively high protein content which comes largely from the Cashew Nuts and Nutritional Yeast.
Makes 8 servings
- 1kg green beans
- 75g cashews
- 250ml water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 6-8 sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 6-8 mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean, trim, and cut green bean into bite size pieces. Place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In your high speed blender combine cashew, water, nutritional yeast, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and seasoning. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Combine chopped onion, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes into your large mixing bowl. Pour your cream sauce over green beans and toss.
- Pour it in a serving dish. Serve at room temperature.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Live Simply Natural