Total Time: 1 hour
|Nutritional per serving|
Another recipe for those cold winter’s nights, this Vegan Tofu Chilli tastes great, packs a nutritional punch and is very simple to prepare. It takes about an hour from start to finish but most of that time the chilli will be simmering in the pan so the tofu can take on the flavours of the spices.
- 100g raw, uncooked brown rice
- 500g tofu, cubed (310 kcal)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained (240g drained; 240 kcal)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained (240g drained; 252 kcal)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- In a saucepan, mix the tofu, beans, sweetcorn and spices.
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper, add the water, mix well then place the pan on a low-medium heat.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the sauce has reduced.
- Cook the brown rice as per the instructions allowing at least 30 minutes to ensure it softens
- Season with salt and black pepper, stir in the coriander and remove from the heat.
- Serve by sharing our the chilli and rice evenly
image credits: www.noshon.it